Friday, April 25, 2008

Death Threats During LOST

Random thing number one:

For those of you who tease me about being a call screener...eat your words.

Beginning of story:

At my meeting last week in OKC, I got a large number of missed calls from a number I later googled and figured out was a land line in Broken Arrow. Okay, that said, it was to my work cell...aka..not one most people know anyway. Since the calls were all at 9pm or later, I assumed it was a wrong number (rightfully).

Well, Monday of this week, I rec'd 2 more missed calls from the same number (no voicemails). After the 2nd missed call, I decided to call it back and inform the person of their error (b/c it was annoying to hear my work phone ring, rush for it only to find out it's this stupid person). A girl answered... She apologized (with an f bomb inserted) and admitted she'd been trying to dial a number that was one digit off from mine. She was embarrassed and all was taken care of...or so I thought.

Last night, during Lost, same number on my work phone. (approx 9:45 pm)
Me: "Hi. I think you have the wrong number again."
Her: "Eff you. I'm going to kill you."
Me: "Um.. okay.. but I think you were trying to dial XXX-XXXX not mine, remember?"
Her: *obviously up on something* "Eff you...you effing bi***! I'm going to come over and kill you..."
Me: "No, you have the wrong number." (Why am I still talking to her?? b/c I hung up once and she'd called back)
Her: "You're on my caller id from THREE days ago. I have the right number and I'm going to kill you."
Me: "Okay. That's great. Remember I called you b/c you had the wrong number? Do you even know my name?"
Her: "No."
Me: "Okay, well.. please stop calling me." (hung up)

Called Sprint. Discovered my name likely showed up with my number on her id from the other day. UUUUUGGGHH. Spent the next 20 minutes googling every option with my name to make sure my address didnt come up. I mean.. the chick was nuts.. You never know, right?

So. Now, my work phone and my trying to be nice....got me death threats from a druggie. AWE.SOME.

Weird thing number two:

Yesterday, Michele and I checked in at the STL airport for our flight...about an hr and a half before the flight. We'd pre-selected our seats when we bought our tickets.

Our seating assignments were "unavailable." I was told to check at the gate. Whatever.

So, we went to eat with our co-workers then went to board.

They wouldnt let us board.

Guy: "Sorry, but you guys were the last to check in."
Me: "Um. Okay, but we got our tickets over a month ago and we've been here over an hr.."
Him: "Yeah, but...lemme just check."
Me: "okay, but what's the problem?"
Him: "let me just see what we can do..."

*HUH?*

Woman comes out while man is checking (this is all at the gate, mind you, about 5 minutes before take off..)
Woman: "We're willing to give you travel vouchers.."
Me: "Okay, but what's the problem?"
Her: "Well, we'd already boarded the plane and you two were the last to check in."
Me: "Okay. But we're not standby..What's the deal?"
*no response*
Guy comes back out "Okay, we can get you two on..."

*perplexed*

We got on....and sat in our same pre-reserved (empty) seats.

We were later told there wasnt enough fuel on the plane so they were going to keep a couple seats empty. Um... How about you (1) TELL SOMEONE THAT and (2) dont do that to customers who have PREBOOKED and CHECKED IN. You'd think somewhere along the way someone would have told us... or someone would have friggin put more fuel in the damn plane.

Anyway, it was weird.

It was just a weird damn day. Period.

But, Lost was good.. Great, actually. Right?

8 comments:

care said...

what??????

a couple hundred pounds of people is going to make that huge of a difference? totally sketch.

and how friggin weird about that druggie. can you have work block her number?

Unknown said...

So weird. Stop picking up phone calls from numbers you don't know. They eventually stop calling. Weird. I hate airports, the rules there are so strange. Hopefully this weekend will be more fun and less weird.

Maria said...

Ack!!! Death threats? I used to accidentally dial a dude's number that was 1 digit off from Kevin's. His lady called and chewed my ass out. I was like-- it's a mistake. One digit off. She continued to call and chew me out for months! Grr. I left the country and turned my phone off (for other reasons). Now i"m more careful!

Soonerwolfie said...

Wow. Jackie, don't take this the wrong way, but you've always had a special knack for "funny" things happening to you like that!


Hope you have a great weekend!

shalay said...

Yeah, I agree with the other commenters when I say STOP PICKING UP THE PHONE when that psycho calls. And dude, I'd be totally peeved if that happened to my flight. Was it a full moon out or something?

brooke knight said...

that is indeed weird.

LOST DID INDEED RULE. that was one of the best episodes in ages.

brooke knight said...

and sayid is still COMPLETELY HOT.

Lauryl Lane said...

i'm pretty sure it was the best episode thus far this season. p.s. why do the weirdest things always happen to you???