Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Hump..Thursday?

Hello. Today feels like Wednesday. But it's not.

My cut looks like a mole today. I'm working it. Just FYI.

Did I tell you I got a bonus at work? For doing WELL?! b/c I kick butt?! It's actually an "award" and it's kinda a big deal...like me.

Anyway, it made me feel good. Very good considering how busy I've been lately. :)

I'm still oddly unmotivated this week. It's bad. I blame Gossip Girl for starting out my week so dramatically... ;)

This is TMI, but do you know every single store in this damn town is sold out of seamless nude underwear? Oh, they are. I'm very picky-granted-but seriously.. how hard is it to find a nude thong the day before you have to wear a white dress?! UGH! I think I'll go to Saks for some Hanky Panky panties. Ever had em? They're the most comfy and seamless things ever. They're kinda pricey, but they last. We'll see....

Anyway, at the mall at lunch, this is what I saw...and had to take a pic. When did kiddie leashes come back? Sick. Get rid of it!They tried to make it cuter with a backpack. It's not cute. It's weird. There are two of you...TWO...can you not keep an eye on a three year old between BOTH of you? Wow. You obviously took the time to pick out a stunning green jumpsuit...Anyway...whatever.

And finally..there are people with clipboards walking around outside my window. I think this whole "job" thing is really just a hoax. I'm being observed like I'm a monkey in a cage. Yup. Maybe. Speaking of wild animals...what it one gets out at the zoo tomorrow night? What.if. I mean.. could you imagine? (Note to self...remember where car is parked and look for places to hide from wild animals..)

5 comments:

Angela said...

ugh, i hate kiddie leashes. so bizarre.

care said...

i guess in extreme circumstances they have their place? like, maybe in a huge throng of people when you're a single mother of 4 year old triplets and elmo is making an appearance?

my mom had 'em for us. the bands were rainbow and the cords were just like telephone cords--the coiled ones.

I want to see pictures of the mole. and you still haven't told me which dress you are rocking.

♥Joy♥ said...

Ok I must interject here and point out that you do not have a child/children. I do not mean that in a rude way, but those are the facts we are working with here.

I have 2. Yes, people must be responsible and even with 2 people taking care of children should be able to have some kind of surmountable control over a tiny little ankle biter. What you wonderful (and smart to still be motherless for now) people fail to realize is this:

~~in department stores, kids like to run and hide when you are looking for clothing or any other items. They duck under the racks, climb into the shelves, and even try to bat the head off of a mannequin. If the mannequin has no head, they try to yank off the hand or foot. While laughing maniacally. With people watching.
~~in the middle of the mall kids like to do the "I WANT" thing and just run full throttle into whatever it is they see that looks yummy, sparkly, fun, and dangerous.
~~they drop dead weight when they don't get their way.
~~they run off when some lady approaches you wanting you to try the wigs on or buy a pair of knock off Prada Shades.
~~if someone tries to snatch my kid up, that'd be one hell of a tug of war.
~~they see the candy store and it's massive mounds of candy and they drop everything and run.
~~on the top floors of the mall and/or store, there is railing. If my child is in her "I'm a superhero" phase and wants to dare to try to swan dive over the side, at least I can pull her back up!
~~3 Words: Build.A.Bear.

These behaviors are not to be mistaken for bad parenting, it's simply age-appropriate behavior for a child to assume that they can have whatever they want when they want it and rush after it.

And might I add, those little suckers ARE. FAST. Trust me. I know! And yes, I have a leash. I haven't had to use it in a LOOONG time. There were many times I didn't use it and wish I had remembered to bring it. I didn't get one of those god awful backpack ones because I don't allow my kids to take in toys or anything of that nature that will just get lost, resulting in a screaming wailing fit. I have the kind that looks like a strap around the chest with a short little leash, to teach my children to walk WITH me, not behind or ahead of me.

Oh yeah, and my leash has a big yellow title on it that says KID SAFETY. Because they aren't supposed to be used to parent your child, they are supposed to be used to help TEACH your child and keep them safe.

Kelz World said...

these things are the funniest things i have ever seen in my life. they make me laugh and feel sorry for the child at the same time!

Anonymous said...

I am cracking up over your kiddie leash and jumpsuit post.

Secondly, the BEST seamless thongs I've found are a brand called "Commando." Kind of expensive, but amazing. They don't even have elastic bands or anything. I love their tagline: "It's better than nothing." So true.

LR