Welcome to the weekend...er...in blog form that is. Sad it's over b/c time seems to be flyyyying, right?!
Friday, Eric and I headed to my friend, Kristy's bday dinner at Los Cabos! Her party is coming up-the tool academy party- but her actual bday was this weekend so some of us had a low key dinner. :) (Mind you, not much with her is "low key" which is why I love her.. haha).
We kiiinda forgot you can't make reservations so we were stuck outside for awhile getting niiiiice and sweaty. But, we still had fun! And had we been inside, we would have missed Kristy's bday cowbell playing debut! LOL! She's seriously the only one I know who could make this look fashionable.
Ever have one of those "I love this photo of you, but not of me" then you take another and the roles switch so the other person shuts their eyes or looks constipated (I just laughed at myself with that one) or something? haha.. We did that whole game a little bit... This one turned out okay, though... But the whole "Can you take it again?" is semi hilarious. :) Granted, I'm perpetually on the hunt for a fb photo and I don't think Eric cares, so I guess I'm really the obsessive one. *shrug*
Headed home and played with G. I switched up the sofa cushions and G tries to sleep on the top of the new one in "her place" and keeps falling behind it! LOL! It's the funniest thing ever. So yes.. instead of helping her, I took a few pics first.. hahaha...

I finally picked her up and put her back where she lays, but look at her face!!!! LOL!! This is my dog's "holy sh*t-what just happened" face...
I headed to the mall in an attempt to take advantage of the tax free weekend and that was close to the worst idea I've had in awhile. I needed jeans. That's all. What I didn't consider is jeans are the staple item of high schoolers...during tax free weekend. Jax=moron. I gave up and went home.
Sat night, Eric and I chilled at the Brook for dinner, saw some girls I certainly hope were headed to a costume party *nervous* (think Britney during her pink hair days and add some fishnets...and a cowboy hat), and then headed to see The Ugly Truth.

Was it cheesy? Duh. Did I still like it? Duh. It wasn't bad, but yeah.. haha... I wanna see GI Joe now!!! (yes, I really do).
This morning, Eric wanted to beat the heat and finish the shed. In case you haven't noticed, Eric likes to (1) see projects through til the end and (2) is very detail oriented on things like this. Both of which I admire bc I get frustrated on stuff like this. Especially in 95 degree heat. That said, I still smile when I see him out there, making lists of things he still needs, etc... And I like to go out and "help" (hold things, hand him things, help organize). He lets me feel like I'm helping. :)
Okay okay.. rambling... what I'm getting at is... I was thinking.. there are certain things that make me feel pretty...and girly...and sexy...and empowered...and and and... Anyway, my fav perfume is one of them. I mean...the pretty thing totally depends on my mood-a sassy new dress versus an old, fav pair of jeans for example- but still...I was just wondering in general...what about you... What makes you feel pretty? I just listed some random things I like and I left an "other" button too! I almost took off the "tan" button b/c it felt dumb..but really...being tan-especially from a fun day in the sun-makes me feel like I'm on vacation...and who doesn't feel pretty on vacation?! Anyway, feel free to vote on the options or list and of yours in the "other" category! I'm curious! :)
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!! I can't believe we're already back at Monday and this weekend is MID AUGUST. Cuhrazy!
9 comments:
Doll, I know about the whole project thing. We retiled our bathrooms - aka biggest pain in the a** EVER! I too went to the mall this weekend - SCARY! I was looking for a cute dress for a "Ladies Only" party and a Bday I have next weekend and was terrified to really look at any store once I saw the checkout lines. P.S. Love your yellow dress! I bought it, but it looked awful on me, so I returned it (looks great on you!).
So I voted in your poll and it was a close one between getting my hair done and being tan. You definitely weren't silly to include that one (or else we're both silly). I LOVE being tan in the summer because it means I wear mascara and lip gloss and am done.
My respect for Eric took a HUGE leap after reading this post. My mom and Michael are both allergic to everything so I know about the allergy test and it is brutal. For him to do that for you? I'm speechless.
Now that this has become an essay, I will add one more thing. I was at the lake this weekend and my phone was useless so I just read your facebook post. We'd love to see you guys when you visit. I'm not quite sure about the nascar bidness but I will talk to Michael and see what he thinks. :)
dude, being tan makes me feel prettier, too. but lately the words "leather tits" have been flashing in my brain every time i even think about getting in a bed. so i'm trying to sun it up the old fashioned way... which is difficult as i spend most of my time indoors. :) ANYWHO, i said mascara. who doesn't feel prettier with a coat of bat poop applied just so?!?
Your blog is so cute, love it!!
I voted for "new clothes", but I wanted to pick them all. And seriously, allergy testing is no fun- he's awesome for that!
Yay, it looks like you had a fun weekend!! I love that Eric got a shot for Gracie :) Major points for that! And Isabelle also loves sleeping on top of the couch! Dogs are so funny sometimes :) And definitely, being tan is number one for me. So I guess I'm not gonna be feeling my "prettiest" ever again!
okay, "being tan" is not a dumb option to put on the poll and i totally voted for it. take it from a person who...can't tan. in the few brief moments in my life when i've actually had some color, it felt pretty darn good.
and beyond that, it's new clothes for me. getting my hair done doesn't change much for me. i know you love going to get your hair done, but i consider it a chore. weird we're so diff on that, right?
lauren
i voted for high heels. because they make me feel taller. and that makes me feel empowered!
what a fun weekend!! that birthday get together looked like lots of fun...love los cabos! your yellow dress is SUPER cute! I want to see the ugly truth..i have a feeling i will like it :)
Post a Comment