On Christmas Eve, the snow was starting to fall when I opted to load up the pup, presents, and my stuff and head to mom's around 3:30ish. I thought it would just be convenient to get there early and let Eric pick me up at mom's in order to head to his fam's Christmas Eve his aunt and uncle's casa in Owasso. Little did I know it would be the best move I ever made b/c with the snow that came in, I didn't make it back to my apt til Sunday! Whoaemgee!
Despite the crazysauce weather, I'm really glad we made it to his fam's Christmas Eve out in Owasso (for non Tulsans, Owasso is a new suburb of Tulsa...like 10 min by hwy outside of town). I had a really good time hanging with his fam, laughing, eating some yummy food and having that "big Christmas" feel that mom and I don't really get since there's just two of us. :) Everyone all gathered around the big tree and opened presents from each other and it was just really freaking cute. It was my first time out there with Eric b/c we hadn't really been serious a long time around Christmas last year. I just felt really included and it meant a lot..and I honestly had a lot of fun! *smiles* As we were eating, we saw some lightning (whoa) and heard thunder and we looked outside to admire how the annoying sleet had turned to fluffy, pretty snow...not really ever thinking about how cuhrazysauce it was getting outside. I mean..Tulsa rarely gets enough snow to really do anything, so yeah.
As we left around 8:30ish, I made Eric's brother take a photo of us on our awesome white Christmas Eve! Lookie how happy.. aww... And then we tried to leave. For like over an hour we tried to leave. Let's just say I'm really glad I got the yay-happy-snow photo above before we tried to drive anywhere.. haha..
We got stuck soooo badly. Eric and I were in one SUV and the rest of his fam was in another. All of us=stuck in the neighborhood. Eric, his bro, his dad, his uncle, his cousins, all had to push the suvs! We finally opted to just push them backwards back to his aunt and uncles house (seen below pulling into their drive) and evaluate from there...would be stay the night there? Would we try it again? We opted to give it another go and made it (note: "stabletrack" is not your friend on snow. It applies the brakes. Lesson learned: turn it off. haha). Along the highway drive home, it was like freaking Armageddon with cars abandoned in the middle.of.the.highway! It was berzerk! With Eric's mom driving Eric and me...and his dad in another car taking his grandparents home, we opted to head for his parents house. It's a straight shot down the highway (unlike my mom's which would have been quite out of the way). Thankfully, his dad was able to pick up a 4 wheel drive Avalanche (he's in the car business) and got me home on Christmas Eve around midnight to wake up Christmas morning at mom's... I think mom was totally cool with wherever I ended up staying, but I could tell she was concerned I wouldnt make it home for Christmas day with the weather, so I was really thankful Eric's dad was able to get me there. :)
Annnnnd Christmas morning, this is what we had! (Here's my mom's old beagle doggie, Beau) :)
Gracie looked like she was swimming in it! She HATED it at first but then would run face first into it and roll around like a crazy dog! haha! :) This is her darting for the door in full on dog panic b/c she had no idea what the snow was...
A drift up to my knees!
Self timer in the backyard.. attempt one... mom, me, and the dogs. I look like I'm squatting in the snow or something. Not okay.
Take two-the wind blew the branch the camera tripod was on, so a leetle crooked, but still cute :)
Mom and me in the den.. ho ho ho! (When you're snowed in with me, you end up with a photoshoot). This is a time where I was cool to not have 20 people in my house for Christmas b/c snowed in with mom, movies and wine is much more fun than a cramped house with lots and lots of peeps, I bet! :) (imagining some of my larger-familied-friends having a breakdown :/)
At Avatar with 3D glasses and a fur hood (no idea about the hood, but he looks kinda scary-eskimo).
I wanted a photo with the glasses, too. We can admit that's why this photo happened.
Sunday night, Christmas with Eric at his place FINALLY! Had hot tea, watched a movie (500 Days of Summer) and opened gifts! :) Self timer...
Haute.
One of my fav things Eric got me..and a fav gift period-a blown up photo on canvas from our trip to St. Lucia!!! I heart this guy... :)
I heart bows. And random, but you might have noticed the scarf in 3/4 of the photos. (Read: I looked back at the pics and thought "oops." haha) Yes, I really did wear it that much.. partly b/c I was FREEZING and had limited attire during the unanticipated blizzard of 09 and also partly b/c I.freaking.love.it. My coworker got it for me from Gap for Christmas!! It's plaid (awesome), warm (awesome), super long (awesome) and has fringe (AWESOME). 
27 comments:
Your hair looks pretty and I love the picture of you guys in the oh so fashionable 3D glasses!!! :)
Eric's picture is the sweetest present EVER! Your hair, as always, looks totally gorgeous! Glad you had a great Christmas! Hope you have a great NYE! Aren't you going to a 20's themed party?
What the heck you are so stinkin' adorable and I am so jealous of your Christmas time weather! Boo to the 70 degrees we had here in San Diego. Thats not holiday weather! I heart the pic of you and your GREAT scarf with all the bows! Happy New Year!
love the dark in the hair and the pop a squat pose made me giggle. xoxo. sounds like your xmas was dreamy!
loving the hair and the random pics! Sounds like your Christmas was fantastic. :-)
Your hair does look super cute and that is so sweet he did the photo/canvas thing for you! That is so thoughtful and creative!
Your hair looks GREAT!! That is such a sweet gift from Eric and even sweeter that he photoshopped your butt! Haha!
That's a great picture of the two of you sitting in front of the couch!
Wow, I had a thought and it flew out of my head when I saw your hair - I LOVE it!! Perfect touch of brown to bring you through the rest of the winter.
And now I will most likely spend the rest of the night looking at hair color options ...
sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas girlie and how cute are you and your man in that self timer pic and the snow pic and your sweetie's gift was so thoughtful!! The Oklahoma Blizzard was crazy it's almost a week later and people are still talking about it.
oh and your hair freaking adorable!!
Ooohhh! Your hair looks so pretty! That color is very natural-looking, I absolutely love it! And I can't believe how crazy the weather has been for you guys- I hear it's snowing AGAIN today! Yikes! Glad you had such a lovely Christmas!
You are just adorable! I am glad that you guys had a great Christmas minus getting stuck in the snow. I love the picture of the two of you and I love it even better that he photo shopped your butt! :) Too funny.
Love that he photoshopped it for you... that is too funny. What a guy! Haha.
And I love your new hair! It looks great on you!
Love your pics! You look like such a cute snow bunny! Glad you had such a nice Christmas!!! xoxo!
Aww the snow looks amazing Jax! i wish i could have visited! haha!! Looks like fun, i love the canvas Eric got you! xxxx
I love all the snow!! I know it wasn't as fun for you b/c it messed up your travel plans, but goodness it sure was puurdy :) gracie freaking out in the snow is PRICELESS! The canvas is super cute ((I think you may have found a keeper;) )) ANNDDD... I LOVE the darker hair!!
Glad you had a good Christmas, friend!
So much snow! Glad you were safe!!
I love the hair! Gorgeous! I'm so glad you had a great Christmas!
Haha. Photoshopped your ass. Love it!
Cute hair! Looks like you had a great christmas!
What a FAB Christmas!!! You have such a sweet hubby!! I am loving the canvas picture. We did that for my sis this year. It turned out very pretty.
Happy New Year
xoxo,
Blair
PS your hair looks fab...as always!
So jealous of the snow! It was beautiful depsite tough travels.
hair=cute cute cute!!
Girl, I am so sorry I haven't stopped by in a while! And I got a new URL- it looks like you have been enjoying yourself and had a very merry Christmas indeed! May your 2010 be just as fab! xo Mitsy
you look adorable and cozy in all those snow pictures!!
glad you had a great christmas!!
Looks like you had a blast and sorry you got stuck in the snow! Ha ha, your self times doggie pictures are adorable even though they couldn't pose and Eric is too funny with a bow on his head. Love your new picture of the both of you by the way.
Your hair is darling, very very cute!
SOOOOO many CUTE pictures! lady, you are beautiful!!
i love all the pics! glad you were able to get around through all that snow! i really don't like driving in the snow!
i love that your E photoshopped your booty ;) too funny!
the canvas is awesome though, i love it!! perfect for a gift!!
have a fun NYE sweets!! i think i remember you saying somewhere you have fun plans!! :)
happy new year! xo
Such lovely pictures pretty lady!! What a beautiful WHITE Christmas!!!
And I'm loving the new hair do!!!
Hope you have the happiest New Year
xoxo
OOoh love the new hair, and now THAT is a thoughtful gift , that photoshopped canvas :) hehe
Are you on 1000 yet, cuz I went backwards starting at your 20s party and am to 996 now and i think yes.
BTW i think that pic of you and eric in the snow is one of the best of you two ever, so cute!!!
Post a Comment