Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend Recap!

Hellllllllllo peeps! How was the weekend?! Mine? Well, thank you for asking! ha! It was pretty darn good. If it had been 70 degrees & sunny, I would have given it 5 stars.. :)

Friday, Eric and I partook in a late dinner of Mexican food.. Seriously, I know it sounds like we do that every weekend, but um.. I think it's become a weekend necessity and I kinda love it. Never take Mexican food for granted. Duh. *mmmmmm! There's just something blissful about chips, salsa, guac and Eric after a long work week. :) (and a margarita...that's plenty blissful too) Plus, E's back at the books for the next section of the CPA so love getting a little down time with him over the weekend if possible... :)

Saturday, I got my happy arse outta bed at 10 til 8 (thanks for setting the alarm and dealing with me, Eric) :), put on my running clothes and headed out to run in the 40 degree slightly drizzly weather with my group. BUT we went farther than ever before! 3 miles! WOOHOO! We'll be ready for our 5K in no time! (I realize a 5K is 3 miles.. but we're not running the whole thing yet)

Met Marla for brunch and headed out to see some houses... Slim pickens, peeps.. There were two or three we liked...and we're seeing one of them tomorrow. I found one I LOVE from the outside, but the woman obviously doesn't want to rent it badly enough to call me back. Or else my perky message put her off. Whatever. I was being pleasant and professional damnit. haha!

Sat night, headed to the TU watch party with Eric and Alicia where we watched TU not win. :( (I didn't want to say 'lose'). Boo. And no, I dont know why I didnt take pics of any of said weekend activities to this point... *shrugs*

Sunday, Eric and I had a quick pre-CPA study brunch at the Bagel place! YUM! Why do you care? Well.. I'm not trying to give you a COMPLETE play by play.. but uh.. had to mention this b/c they accidentally put veggie cream cheese on my blueberry bagel (instead of strawberry). This is my question... Who puts veggie cream cheese on anything?! *sick* Pieces of carrots and celery do NOT belong in cream cheese combined with blueberry bagels. *shudder* Yeah whatever.

Sunday Super Bowl party at Christie and her boyf's house! :) They have a super cute place in South Tulsa (made me want to buy a house again.. rein it in, Jax. Rein it in.).

The girls. :)
The cupcakes. *my stomach just growled looking at these*
They had a special area gated off for the pups and I was told to bring G dog.. so I did! Please note.. She is the ONLY dog to figure out if she put her face in the bars (see below) and scooted it over, the gate would open and release the dogs. My dog=too smart.
When we started blocking her escape route, she just got pathetic. She likes people more than dogs. For reals.
Note the other pups playing or whatever versus my only child dog. (We eventually just let her out of there and she was much happier to lay on the floor not bothering anyone..but must have felt better to be in the center of all the action.. haha!)
Eric likes cupcakes. I like this photo. Cupcake trance, anyone? ha! :)
I was talking in the kitchen with the girls dont remember a lot of the commercials, but I liked the Betty W one and the google one...Oh and uh.. the E trade babies are my absolute fav. I crack up at those! What about you? Favs?

Got home to find a creepy man standing near my building. He had his back to me and even as I approached, he didnt move an inch.. just stood there...with his back to me. outside my building. Being creepy. (Reason 1,954 I'm ready to move). (No, I dont know why I didn't stay in my car other than I didn't see him til it was too late and I was too close to turn around).

It snowed A.GAIN today... For reals. This is getting ridic. Although this time it didn't stick that long-woohoo! Dear Spring-I miss you. I had a major case of the Februaries today and I'm hoping they don't come back tomorrow. I got my Glamour mag in the mail today so I'm going to go wish the Febuaries away as I read the March edition of my mag in bed.... Night night peeps! Hope you had a great weekend! :)

20 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

holy CRAAAAAAP, more snow? poor thing! come to socal, it's full blown spring here with flowery trees and all! xoxo

Unknown said...

The cupcake trance has got to be my favorite!!!
Of course Gracie gets two thumbs up for being released out of the doggie corral :)- Lol

Sounds like it was an eventful weekend. O and the creepy guy...WEIRD. I'm glad you are safe hun.

Jen said...

Those cupcakes are so cute! I totally agree with you on the veggie cream cheese eww!

S said...

UGH! I, too, am so over the weather! Your pup is too cute! LOVE HER :) How do you know Lauren Davidson?

Brittany said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!! Those cupcakes look deliciousss. That's probably why Eric was in a trance lol. And who eats veggie cream cheese? Yuck.

My dog is the same way. She likes to be with people, center of attention. It must be an only child/dog thing lol.

E-babies commercials are the BEST! Make me laugh everytime :)

Oh, and I left you a little bloggy award on my blog the other day :)

Candace said...

I love love love the little football cupcakes. too cute! And gracie is the most adorable pup i have ever seen. seriously. I want her.

Good luck on the house hunt. I am sure something good will turn up! ;)

Jane said...

Those cupcakes have me drooling! Ha!

How I miss good Mexican food. Must find a decent place around here soon!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Sounds like a fun weekend girl! I can NEVER get enough mexican food. Ben hates it so I have to beg him to take me every Friday night...but he always does :)

Annie said...

sounds like a great weekend hun!
billy and i haven't been out for mexi food in so very long :(
the cupcakes are cute and look so yummy!!
my pup would be the exact same way! he always wants to be right next to his mommy, so if i locked him up like that i know he would just sit and whine the entire time ;)
i didn't watch the game but i did see the etrade commercial and the babes were adorable!! love it!
hope you have a great week beautiful!

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

Yay sounds like a super fun weekend! The football cupcakes are so cute, whoever thought of that is brilliant! And yeah, veggie cream cheese on a blueberry bagel especially...EW.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

You lost me at 70 and sunny. Haha. Sounds like a fun weekend! I love the puppy jail and the cupcakes were too cute! Look at you being all Martha Stewart.

Sarah said...

gracie is not amused.

Jenny DB said...

aaaw my only child dog wouldve done the exact same thing as gracie. what a cutie pie!!! keep us posted on your house search. we just found a great deal in a great location, but the house is nothing to write home about. have the lease in front of me now.. having some hesitations. uggh..

Mateya said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I am a sucker for Mexican food too and I absolutely love the E*trade babies!

Windy City Kelley's said...

OMG, that picture of Grace is so cute!

Good luck with the house hunting.

Jamie Pickle said...

Looks like you had a busy weekend. I love the cupcakes, I totally am going to do those next year.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Oh my gosh those cupcakes are so cute!! And did you see the preview for The Bachelor next week? They are in St. Lucia!!!

Sierra said...

Creepy man at your apt, not so much fun. Ha ha that cupcake trance is classic - nice work on the cupcakes! glad you had a fun weekend.

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

I love the cupcakes!!! So cute, and the jersey on your dog is cracking me up! LOVE IT.

Nishant said...

The cupcake trance has got to be my favorite!!!

Make website india