Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Gardening with Marla and Jax

Good day had by Jax! :)

First, a couple of my fab coworkers decided to stage a photo outside my office window today with signs reading "awe.some.sauce" :) Since I'm leaving, I mentioned wanting to take a funny photo of my office and Patrick and Michele came up with this! We had to climb up in the flower area... Shhh... don't tell. The best part: Our windows are SO tinted from the outside that we couldnt even see the person taking the photo.. Hilarity! We just sat there smiling for like 20 seconds each picture hoping she was taking it. in the flower/shrub area. outside our office. holding signs.
Switched up the signs...
Then, I got home and Marla and I decided to mulch/plant things. We discovered about 4 layers of those plastic things meant to keep weeds down (I dont know what they're called) but they were so old and torn, they were useless (judging from all the weeds growing in the flower bed).
We look like we have no idea what we're doing. haha... Marla's friend stopped by to see the house and we made him take pics.. Yeah, we did.


Today=good day! :) Just decided to share my randomness....

15 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

Yay for the garden! ;-)

Laura and Ryan said...

Great job! Once it starts growing you are going to be SO proud of yourself! I grew some herbs and green peppers last year. When I saw that first green pepper sprout it was such a great feeling!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day!!

Mateya said...

Hooray for a good day :)

Mariel Collins said...

Great job i'm actually thinking about starting a garden myself but don't even knoe where to start..we'll see!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Yay for gardening! You look so pretty - even when you are getting your hands dirty!

katandkarl said...

hahahah ya'll look great in the dirt!

Brittany Ann said...

You're good! I have no idea what to do with those things, either!

Candace said...

you crack me up! oh and p.s. I totally have Ava saying "awesomesauce". and it is totally presh :) Hope you don't mind my 4 your old stealing your word, it is just too cute!!!! Hope you are settling it the new casa and job!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Thanks for stopping over on my blog! You're blog is too cute! And I'm your newest follower!

I bet your garden is going to look great!

Anonymous said...

Haha-love those pics!

I'm into gardening right now too, but I'm serioulsy just hoping I don't kill anything...I have NO CLUE what I'm doing. lol!

Windy City Kelley's said...

You go! I've been blogging about my inability to garden. I think my husband is ready to take the job from me, which is for the best I think.

Sierra said...

I love your randomness! Ha ha, holding up that sign is awesome and good job gardening! I would love to make the effort to garden some day soon, you will have to show us when things start sprouting!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love the gardening pics- you guys are so cute!
Annnnd... the office pics are priceless. I love it.
Enjoy your pretty new garden!
XO!