That's right.. it's the time of year I want to change my hair. As usual. haha.
Every year, I want to go darker.
And every year, my stylist, who I LOVE, talks me out of it. Admittedly, it doesnt take much talking to get me to say "yeah, nevermind." She knows me pretty well...and I've never stayed dark for very long.
I know she's scared I wont like it. And it's SO hard to get back to blonde after that...er...hard on my hair that is.
And I'm getting ready to go to Maui. I know I know. I dont want to HATE my hair in Maui.
But, I'm kinda over being this blonde.
And a little change never really satisfies me. My natural hair color is mousy. or dishwater. or lots of other things I don't like as adjectives for my hair. And that's how I feel a "little" darker looks on me...mousy. So I say go big or go home. Blonde or brown. All or nothing.
I've been playing on Marie Cla!re tonight. And yeah, the image is horrible b/c I kept adjusting my face and ended up looking like I'd been playing in photo booth on my macbook. But, this was the best I could get it.
Ah, the great debate... Will I or won't I? *le sigh* I have some weeks to decide....I'm really getting close to just going for it! I mean...it's only hair!!!!!!!!!! (*nervous*) hahah!
37 comments:
I think you would look good with brown hair! What about a dark brown with lots of caramel highlights?
The brown hair looks pretty but you do look good as a blonde too! Have you ever been that dark brunette before?
I say wait until after Maui. I went darker for the new year (my new years resolution was to conquer my fear of brown hair on my head) and absolutely HATED it, I regret it so much. It's been 6 months since I got blonde put back into my hair and it still is not the same blonde as I had before. I've damaged my hair so badly in the process, trying to get back to my original color. It's just not worth it, in my opinion.
Now, I'm like a SEVERE case. I don't know of anyone who is as obsessed with hair as I am. If you really can't stop thinking about it then I *highly* suggest you test out chunky lowlights or something first because giiirl, if I could turn back time, I WOULD. I would have totally gotten lowlights.
And really, life just wasn't as fun for me as a brunette. It felt like an identity crisis more than anything!
Go brown!!!!!!
I say do it! I think it will look fab!
You can pull it off! But I do love your blonde hair. Such a cute blog by the way!!
I think you could pull it off...and maybe if you go at it gradually, it may be less of a shock. However, from experience, I did go dark a few years back...and I really loved it...but when I look at pictures now from back then, I wonder what I was thinking...hahahaha
Go for it! I was a blonde until I was a sophomore in college, and never went back! It will look great on you!
hi there - i'm new to your blog and i love it! Anyway - i think your hair looks good either way - go for it! it's only hair and you can always dye it back :)
I think you look fabulous as a brunette! I don't usually think that blondes look better darker, but you do! I can't wait to see pics if you decide to do it.
I really like the brown with your skin tone, you can always go back if you don't like it!
I think you look gorgeous as a blonde! But that's just my opinion =)
I say GO FOR IT! I'm like you, I need to change my hair every six months. Last December I went from blonde to super, super dark and LOVED it!!! I've slowly been transitioning back with highlights which is really fun too. It's just hair, you can always get back to blonde!
I've been having the same debate with my hair. I say go for it if you really want it!
Jackie, YES, blondes really do have more fun. Don't go brown, you'll be mad. I miss you. Love love!
Does the Marie Claire picture have red in it?? That would be gorgeous!
And I'm the same as you...but in the opposite color direction! haha I have naturally auburn hair and always put highlights in it...but then my hair turns yellow-yellow and I get all upset and wish my hair were brown again. lol
I always do the same thing. Every. Year. I always think "it'll be better this time" "maybe a different shade" and every time I do try it I hate it, LOL
I have been a blonde, a brunette and a redhead. On multiple occasions for each, actually. :)
I think you should do it! And if your experience is anything like mine, in the long run you will find that as a brunette people will take you more seriously and your blue eyes will seriously pop!
if you go darker are you changing your style as well? or just the color?
You are gorgeous--either will be beautiful on you!
I hear ya, girl! I'm always going back and forth. I went brown last fall and actually really liked it. Mine just faded fast. Life is short and it's only hair, so I say go for it! You could pull off anything though!
You will look beautiful either way!
I went a little darker this last time...working towards it for fall.
I think you could carry off most hair colors, but you really are a very pretty blonde!
stay blonde!!!!!!!!! I think you would look great with brown hair but I really love your blonde hair
I agree..it's only hair and it will always grow back and you can always slap some dye on it...but i do think you look great as a blonde!
I love the blonde... but that reddish brown color is SOOO pretty!! I like to switch up my hair color, but I REFUSE to cut it any different... so it really depends on you! I say go for it though! :)
good luck! i go through the same thing every year too! i never have the guts to go through with it but hopefully you will!
If you go brown, how the hell are you going to explain all those blonde moments you have???? Eric who? HAHAHA
I think you could definitely pull off the dark hair, but you look so cute with blonde...I would just keep it!
hahahaha i love that marie claire picture with my whole heart and i have a great mental image of you sitting in front of your laptop playing with the hair colors! i'm a dramatic when it comes to hair change, so, yea... i think you should at least try it! i'm thinking about going way darker for the fall and I can't wait!
I say go for it! I was about as blond as you when I decided to dye my hair dark brown. I was SO nervous. This was about 2 yrs ago.
You can see how it looked here:
http://simplymeinbaltimore.blogspot.com/2010/05/just-for-fun.html
and now I'm blond again - but not AS blond. It's just hair color :) Expect it did take me longer to get back to the blond color I wanted. Change is always good though :)
you are going to Maui? ah, I want to go to Maui!!
I go back and forth with blonde and brown allll the time! a great site to test out different hair colors, styles and makeup ideas is taaz.com. i recently used it to test out myself as a blonde again after a year of being a dark brunette, and i loved myself so much as a blonde i did it! im sure youll look great with whatever you decide :)
I have been debating too and think you should take the plunge and try it out for me too!!!
My blog is changing, please follow at http://livedwithlove.blogspot.com/
I was having the same dilema last week. I ended up staying on the blonde side but I am still contemplating going dark at my next appt. Why can I never be happy?!
I say go for it! If you don't like it then, you can always go back to a blonde. Even though it'll be a little more difficult to get back to your current color, change is fun!
I have to say that I love the brown hair and blue eyed look. But I'd wait until after Maui then go for it for winter!
Rachel
Post a Comment