New Years Eve was really fun! A group of us went to a benefit for a fellow alumni and friend of friends who is battling cancer. He's our age and has two adorable little girls. It's a sad situation and I feel very lucky to have been able to participate in such a good cause for New Years. :) All the proceeds went to him and his family and I don't know about you, but I don't remember a single time I've done something GOOD with my money on New Years.
Anyway, it was a really good time! One guy said something about how great it was to be somewhere where everyone was in such a festive and great mood b/c they all know they're doing something good for someone... I have to agree with him that the tone of the party was pretty awesome.. :)
Met at a friend's condo beforehand...with some festive champagne jello shots thanks to Alove in town from LA! And yes, they are in a shoebox...haha...I mean, you wouldn't want want them to spill on the way there. Duh. :)
Every restaurant was annoyingly booked to the max...and we didn't wanna deal crowds anyway...so we ordered pizzas and salad, brought appetizers, wine, etc, and had a casual dinner at our friend's condo with a very cool chandelier. (see behind us).Ended up going with the tights and some cute heeled bootie things b/c it was FUHREEZING outside!
My dress' sequins changed colors depending which way they were facing-gold or black. Eric was demonstrating. Photo result= hilarious and slightly inappropriate...haha...whatever....We're all friends here.
The tables had props. We liked them, especially the glasses. Obviously.
He loves me...haha... :)
This photo really amuses me for some reason.... Mostly b/c I have no idea what was going on....
HAPPY 2011!!!Get it? 2011? We're creative. That's how we roll.
30 comments:
love the pics & you looked hot!
I'm in love with your dress. Seriously. It's incredible. I have a sequined dress but it's not nearly as awesome as yours!!!
Jax i've missed your blog!! i've been MIA from mine, but i'm back with a vengeance now!! Your dress is gorgeous it looks so good! Looks like an amazing night :) Hope you're ok!!
You rocked the outfit my love!!! And champagne jello shots...I must try those some time
awww It looks like so much fun! and that's so great that you guys were doing it for such a great cause!
Girlfriend you look FABULOUS and I LOVE your dress! Where is it from?
oh girl - LOVE that dress. i'm all about sequins this season. you looke amazing!
You looked so beautiful! I love what you decided to do with the dress with accessories and such! Happy new year!
This looks like a blast!! Loved your ensemble. And the confused pic is hilarious!
how fun! your dress is awesome! what a great way to spend nye.
You. Look. Gorgeous. The dress? You are rocking it. The hair? Perfecto. Gosh darn it, I wish you lived closer so we could shop together, because I have a feeling we'd have a BLAST!
Looks like you guys had a fabulous night...and the dress with the leggings/booties turned out super cute!
Love it! And that dress is amazing! You looked great!
Love these. Love.
you look adorable!!! ya'll are too fun with your 2011 glasses :) Happy New Year!!!!
Haha, you guys are so cute. Glad you had a great celebration!!!
What a great way to celebrate the new year!
You are looking hot girlfriend! It looks like you guys had a blast!
The dress is FANTASTIC on you!!! way to work it! Glad you had a wonderful NYE!! Happy Friday! :)
Looks like you had a blast!
I love that you went to a benefit! That is so amazing that all the proceeds when to him and his family. You looked wonderful btw!
I have been out the blog world for so long - I've missed reading your blog!! Love the NYE outfit :) Super cute. That's a great way to bring in the new year! Great pics - esp. the one of you cracking up haha.
That dress looks gorgeous on you!! Looks like you guys had a blast - that's such an awesome thing to do for New Year's Eve!
I am a new follower to your blog and I love it. Great dress for New Year's Eve too.
I think the tights were a smart option--it was freezing that night! You guys looked adorable and what a great cause. That would definitely make ringing in the new year that much sweeter. :)
From the photos it looks like it was a great way to ring in the new year!! You looked great in that dress!
Hi Love! I like your pics :) I had a blast! Come visit me soon miss you xo alove
love the pictures -- however do the glasses say 2001? I am having a hard time figuring them out!?
You look absolutely fabulous. I love your dress. Obviously Eric did too ;-)
girl your dress is amazing! you look gorgeous and i love all of your photos, you and Eric make such a stunning couple!
Post a Comment