Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Recap!

Okay, this whole "winter" thing has been great and all, but seriously... I'd be totally okay with spring arriving say....now...

But since Mother Nature doesn't read my blog, I'll just go ahead and talk about my weekend..

So, while Eric was here on a boys weekend... 
(seriously, this is his photo from his phone...gorgeous, right?)....
....I was in T town holdin down the fort! :) 

Friday, I was supposed to play matchmaker for a couple of friends...and was rather excited! Buuuut then, the guy bailed b/c he "met someone" and didn't think it would be fair to meet this girl friend of mine when he's interested in someone else and thinks it is likely going somewhere. Blah blah. hahaha! I rolled my eyes and gave him a hard time, but I respect him for being honest....which is exactly why he's a good dude that I try to fix up with people. :)  

So, the two masterminds behind the match up-Carrie and myself- decided to go ahead and get a group together for dinner anyway....even without a love connection. (Obviously we didn't invite the guy who bailed). We didn't take any photos but we had a fantastic time enjoying Mexican food, margaritas, and more random girl talk than the two dudes at the table preferred. I think they went down to the bar while we were talking about Gossip Girl...or Ke$ha...or something...hahaha. No one noticed til they'd been gone for about 15 minutes. Comedy. :)

Saturday, I had a hair appointment (*happy sigh*), ran some errands, and then had a friend's bachelorette party! Well, she's already had a bachelorette party out of town, but not everyone could make it...so she opted to have a little low key shin dig here, too. Here's the group at dinner! 

Dinner was a blast! I sat right across from the girl I'm next to in the photo and we not only realized we work the same place, but have SO much in common! Excited to have met a new friend and another lunch buddy in my office building. :)  And she had on some gorgeous yurman earrings that I feel compelled to discuss....

Do you like yurman? I know a lot of people do, but I didn't think I did...at least originally. But lately....I really find myself kinda digging some of their stuff. I've been yurman-brainwashed or something! :) haha I do think their stuff is wildly a little overpriced, but that doesn't mean I can't like it. Sorry for the sidebar and now we're moving on....
So, my new friend with the cute jewelry, the rest of the group, and I headed to our next location. After sharing a bottle of vino with my new friend, I opted for agua. From there, the bride really wanted to go dancing.

Wait, dancing....??

I mean, I like dancing. *I just did a little white-girl-dance-move on my sofa* I just wasn't really prepared to go dancing... As you get older, I think it requires more alcohol mental preparation to shake my @ss anywhere that's not a wedding reception...

But whatever, it was a girls night and it was what the bride wanted to do, so I was in! :) Off we went... to a mecca of mohawks (seriously, the dj had one), rap videos playing on flat screens and dudes that look like this lining the bar....

haha.. I'm being overdramatic... not really. We had a really good time though! When I was ready to go (by midnight...or maybe 11:30), I waved at the nice police officer guarding the entrance (yikes!) and headed home. :)

Today, I hit the grocery store (such an exciting life I lead... getting to the blueberries before the Sun afternoon crowds...haha)... :) I pretty much chilled the rest of the day. :) Good weekend for sure! Today was one of those "I should really clean...in 10 minutes...or maybe 10 more minutes..." days. :) Hope you all had a good weekend! You know what starts back tomorrow, friends?! That's right- GOSSIP GIRL!! How is this the last week in January?!

15 comments:

ali v. said...

those guys are HILARIOUS. sounds like you had quite the weekend, my dear! I'm jealous of all your girl time! I cannot wait for Gossip Girl...and spring! xoxo {av}

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Sounds like a pretty good/eventful weekend. I love how you girls didn't even notice the guys were gone until after 15 minutes! haha! My MIL is obsessed with David Yurman and so I have started to have a liking to it, too! I had never even heard about it before her, but now I really like some of his stuff!

How jealous am I of that beautiful picture. What a lucky guy... the snow is beautiful!

Shann said...

I totally feel the same way about "mentally preparing to dance."

I've never heard of Yurman... maybe it's better that I pretend that I didn't??

Looks like you had a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

umm I didn't know that I wanted Yurman until I just read your post!!! My husband does not thank you! lol LOVE the bracelets!! DO NOT love the price... yikes!

Miss Chelsea said...

I didn't think I liked Yurman either, but the rings are kinda growing on me! (esp that aqua one you posted!) It's not quite in my price range though hah sad face

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

Oh I sold Yurman stuff when I worked at Niemans years ago..I hated it at first then fell in love with some of the pieces! Glad you had a fun weekend!

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hey there :) I found your blog through another blog friend, I tend to wander through people's blogs and forget how I got there. Anyways, your blog is so cute & I am obsessed KCK--I am dying to get one !! I hope you have a good week!
Jess

Jamie Pickle said...

I used to go out dancing ALL the time with the ladies, now when we get together I think most of us prefer to stay in or keep it low key!

Lindsey said...

Love the Yurman ring!! Lucky boy to be up in the mountains, we are having quite the snow fall these days!

Unknown said...

For every boys weekend we should get a girls weekend getaway too! That picture is just gorgeous...

And I'm with you...Spring please!!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Oh wow, I'M jealous of Eric's weekend getaway...gorgeous! Yeah, I was never a fan of Yurman stuff either, but I do like some of their more recent stuff alot more! Happy Tuesday, sweet girl!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Wow that is a beautiful picture! Sounds like a good weekend for you both!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I know exactly what you mean. In my younger days I would dance and shake my bottom at any given time. Now I'm much more content to sit and watch others.

Cindy said...

Huge Yurman fan!! Just wait, you'll get one piece of DY jewelry and be hooked!

Hope you have a great weekend. xo