Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baby, it's (about to be) cold outside!

 I love fall! Crisp mornings, cool afternoons, leaves changing, pumpkin spiced lattes ;)... But, here in Oklahoma, we usually get a leeeeetle bit of fall and then just as you think "Ah.. I could get used to this..," WHAM it's winter. Admittedly, I do not like winter cold very much at all. But I DO like winter clothes, especially coats.

 Last year, I vowed to get a new one in the spring sales. And I didn't.

LOVE! (but WAY out of my price range. Burberry. Blerg.)
 I want one that's brighter or more fun... or has something "different" about it. (But was still likely wool). Something that will look good with a fun scarf! (B/c my scarf obsession is a little ridiculous. I want to wear them at all times Sept-March...haha).
 But I also want it to be decently structured so I don't look like an oompa loompa... And longer. I don't like wool coats to be too short b/c I'm 5'7. :)
Cute neckline, not loving the massive buttons though


Oh and most importantly, I want it to be WARM and not break the bank.

(Not like I'm super picky or anything).

What about you? Have a favorite coat? Or looking for one this year, too? :)


Kate is a total coat inspiration. (Coatspiration? Eh? Maybe not). Hers are always so fantastic, right? I mean.. hello.. structured, cute buckles/buttons, and a fun girly ruffle at the bottom!

(All coat images via pinterest)

16 comments:

Emily said...

I love the second ones, I think coats are such a fun accessory, but so expensive!

xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

I ALWAYS vow to buy things after the season, when they are on sale, for the following year. And then I never do. Because by that time, it feels like you're spending money for no reason, right?! Haha.

French Lover said...

Zara usually has cute & cheap ones :) I think I saw some very pretty ones in the Fall collection! Plus they now have an online store for the US.
Bisous!

B said...

These are all too cute. I'm tall, too, and finding one with the arms long enough is always a toughie for me! Bummer. Can't wait for cold weather, though!

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, where is the second one from?? I love it!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I always want to get a fun coat, but they are so pricey I usually end up going practical with something that will go with everything.

I do love Kate's! The ruffle is SO fem and cute!

Chelsea said...

Coatspiration. Haha, love it :) These are all super cute! I'm definitely picky about my jackets which is why I go so long without buying a new one. Ugh. Structured is for sure an important attribute. I hate looking frumpy!

Marina said...

I have to buy a new one for this season, and there are just so many choices :D

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the first jacket!

Kristin said...

I found a coat at Old Navy last winter. They usually have a lot of cute ones at a reasonable price!

Kerr said...

Ah kate i love a ruffle!

Lindsay said...

Coatsperation - YES! Love it! Kate always looks so pretty and put together, even when she's just grocery shopping. Jealous.

I'm weird about coats/jackets too; I like to get something a little different because it's just so boring to be the same as everyone else, isn't it? haha

Unknown said...

All of these coats are adorable! Makes me realize I need to invest in a new, trendy one! Just happened to find your blog! I'm hosting a give away if you're interested! Have a great week! :)

Britney said...

I am so glad you guys are getting some cooler weather with all the grass fires you had delth with. I have fam in the Tulsa area! Send some of the cold down to Houston

New follower...loving your blog!

Ashley said...

They are all so cute! I'm needing a new one this year, but I haven't decided what I want yet.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

All of those are really cute!! Ok... don't laugh but I kinda want a cape this year. Have you seen them? They look super cute!