Thursday, September 15, 2011

My first vlog!

Hi everyone! First off, nope, I couldn't come up with a better subject line. Sorry. But, yeah, I joined the bandwagon and did a vlog! I've had this blog since 2007 (whoa) and have never done one! I actually joined up with a couple other bloggers, Mateya and Caroline, to do our first vlog together (Strength in numbers, people). I've linked them below! 

So, this means you get to see my rambling self in video. Get excited...haha... I watched it and I can't believe how much I subconsciously figeted with my arm.. It's a tinge creepy, so just ignore my spasms and go with it. I was playing with a pen... good grief. I watched it and I feel like I look like a big nerd, but I'm posting anyway b/c I guarantee you I won't look any less nerdy with 25 takes... :) And my roomie is in bed and will think I'm crazy if she keeps hearing me talking to myself. 

I also watched myself talking quite a bit b/c it was like 7 seconds behind so it kept throwing me off b/c I'd catch a glimpse of my mouth moving with the wrong words.. haha... goodness... awkward. Sheez. 

I officially admire those peeps with video channels! This was fun, though! Now that I have some of the jitters out, maybe I can do more!



And here's the picture I talked about in my video from Eric's profile pic on fbook when we started dating... :) I totally typed what he must have been thinking... (riiiiiight). 


Here's a link to the recipe I mentioned-the Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti. Good stuff, people. :)

And to view my other partners in blogging today, please check out Mateya at The Best is Yet to Come and Caroline at Simply Smithwick! Have you ever vlogged? If not, join us! :) Or even if you have before! Kinda fun way to get to know each other. :) Happy Thursday, friends! Almost the weekend!

24 comments:

Mateya said...

Oh girl I love it! You're so darn cute and I love that Cubs t-shirt :)

I have the Pioneer Woman's cookbook and have been saying I was going to try the chicken spaghetti for like a year and still haven't done it. Now I need to! :)

Jenny said...

You sound so sweet! Looks and sounds can be deceiving. ;) Totally kidding :) Glad you did this. It's always cool to hear what the blogging world sounds like.

Caroline said...

You did such a great job! I love the story about you and Eric. Too funny!

Unknown said...

You did a great job, but I have to admit that I laughed really hard a couple of times. When you were talking about how you met Eric, and the picture in his profile..."Maybe we had a little bit of wine or whatever" along with the facial expression-cracked up. "I'm a marketer's dream" gave me a good laugh too. You are just too funny!

Heather said...

So I think you are too cute not to be on camera full time...just sayin'! The camera loves you, gorgeous!! xoxo

Candace said...

L-O-V-E this!!!! you are fabulous, my friend ;)

xoxo

Ashley said...

Haha, you are the cutest and I love you!

katandkarl said...

I love your video but get that shirt off your body!! ;)

Everyday Adventures said...

What a fun vlog! I have to try that recipe by the Pioneer Woman, I have only heard good things about it! I loved your story on how your bf met, too funny! You are quite sassy and I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I think you should vlog more often, this was fabulous!

Though for some reason I always pictured you with a southern type accent which you most definitly don't have. Don't ask me where I even got that assupmtion, apparently I was WAY of base.

Also, your hair is fabulous. I'm tempted to take this vlog in and tell my hair girl to make mine that color. Creepy? Perhaps. But I'm soooo over brown hair!

Miss Chelsea said...

These were cute! I just got done watchin all 3

Shannon said...

Your video is too cute!! And that is definitely not how I thought your voice would sound :) But watching it just further cements my belief that we could totally be bffs. dang that distance thing! ha! :)

Katie said...

You are too cute! I've never done a vlog.....too nervous! I love Limited pants too....fit so perfect!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Vlogs are too awesome! yours is too fun!

C Mae said...

JAX!!!!!!I Nearly died and fell over while hearing your story with Eric!!!!! My BF and I SAME THING!!!! we went to the same college, yet never really knew each other were with diff ppl at the time, he actually dated my BIG in my sorority!!! How I did not know this, I'll never know! Same thing, He sent me a FB request, we had a ton of mutual friends, and when and yet when we started to talk we finally figured out that yeah, we really didn't know each other!!! :)

C Mae said...

The limited is MY go to store too!!!!! I completely agree with you on the pants! A few years back I would of said Express, but with age, I have found I've kinda grown out of that look! :(

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

You are very brave to do a vlog - but you are so cute!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love the vlog! We would totally be best friends if we lived in the same town. Arm fidget and all.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

PS: I love the story of you and eric and how you met. Also, I'm the same way when it comes to work. I don't talk about it and if I mention it, it's vague.

Meredith said...

Holy moly, did not know we had the same "How I met my significant other" story. Isn't it crazy how TU is so small and you feel like you knew everyone? And then, BAM! You meet someone new who turns out to be your husband/boyfriend. :) God bless Facebook. Great vlog! Really enjoyed it. :)

Christine said...

yay! You're so cute! Maybe someday I'll get the courage to do a vlog! I love that you were in his fb picture before you started dating! So funny!

Britt said...

Just had a free minute to see your vlog! Love it! Love the story of how you and Eric met.

Lindsay said...

That is too funny about you and Eric haha. Loved watching this, definitely expected you to have some sort of southern accent though... is that just me being weird though...?

Ashley said...

Finally getting around to watching vlogs! You are so cute! I love your accent :)

I LOVE PW's chicken spaghetti. Wonderful!