Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Weekend Recap!

Last weekend was our first home football game! Some of you maaaay have heard about the weather at this game. It was CRAZY! Thanks to some storms, game kicked off at.... 12:17 a.m! 

But before that happened, the sun was shining there wasn't a cloud in the sky. In other words, perfect tailgating weather!

I serve as the current chair for the young alumni and helped work a tailgate for the alum assn for part of the afternoon/evening and then headed over to Eric's fam's regular tailgate! :) 
We gave out some really cute t-shirts to alumni and advertised some upcoming events. I think it was really successful, but I might be biased. :)
I was so excited to wear this dress so thank GOODNESS weather behaved...at least most of the day, that is. ;) I've kinda wanted a little dress forevah and Eric's mom actually made this one for me! Isn't that sweet?! She'd never even made one before! I'll tell you right now that anything I attempt with a needle and thread would NOT come out looking like this, especially sans pattern on the first try. Is it weird if I wear it to the next home game in a few weeks again? (Say no). :)

Another thing his mom does that's super cute is wrap candy bars with TU wrappers...
 ...and the ingredients are the players names! ha! Love it!
Okay, we were kicking back and enjoying some tailgate fun when we got word that a MAJOR storm and possible tornado was on its way. Awesome.

But...

Have no fear! Eric will put up the tent walls, everyone! (this photo amuses me).
 We cleaned up what we could from the tailgate quickly and headed to wait out the storm nearby.

As the time ticked by, yawns started. I mean, the game was already scheduled for 9 pm, soooo at 10:30, we were kinda needing some caffeine. (I'm old). But, rain stopped so we opted to give it another go.
The temp dropped so layers got added...haha... :)
Once the lightening had officially moved out of the area, they decided to play! Kickoff was at 12:15 am and we were happily in our seats!
 Crowd not so bad for a midnight kickoff, me thinks...
 And then it started raining again... (You're feeling like this is never-ending, right? Yeah, so were we. haha!)
 Long post short, we headed home at halftime (2am) and watched the rest on TV. The whole experience was hilarious and made for great memories! :)

Sunday, I convinced Eric to see Lion King in 3d (and also to take this photo. He looks thrilled.. haha). We were surrounded by kiddos clasping Simba toys...haha!


A really great weekend all the way around, even with the crazy storm delayed game! :)  

16 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh. my. gosh. The game started after midnight?! Sheesh, what a day/night! You guys were troopers! Eric's mom sounds sooo talented and crafty :) The dress is absolutely adorable!

Lenzi @ Homemade Happiness said...

Holy moly - Midnight kickoff? I had NO idea this was even possible. That is awesome!!

And repeating gameday outfits?? My girlfriends and I (from LSU) love comparing Facebook pics of all the purple and gold outfits we've either a.) repeated or b.) borrowed. There are litterally about 12 outfits we had on a pretty good rotation!

And the dress is adorable!

Unknown said...

You're a better than than I am. I would have peaced out WAY before kick off and headed to bed. :) That picture of you all in the movie theatre cracks me up! Eric's facial expression is classic!

Unknown said...

Ugh-better fan*

Lauren Johnson said...

See you do have fun dresses for tailgating!! So cute! I can't beleive you all stayed in the game.. i was fast asleep before the second quarter (loser). Looks like you had a blast though!

Mateya said...

WHat a crazy game! Midnight kickoff?! Wow!

Christine said...

Your TU dress is SO cute! I have an OU one like that which I proudly wore to 3 games last year! So no, it's not weird if you wear it again this weekend! :) I wish I could convince Dave to take time out of studying to see Lion King in 3d! Such a good movie!!

katie@tulsadetails said...

You are definitely a super fan! Luckily, Tommy and I sold our tickets before the game started. Poor suckers who bought them :)!

Britt said...

Ya'll are die hard fans! Love the dress it is super cute. The chocolate bars are adorable. It sounds like you had a super fun day. Glad Eric could protect you:)

Unknown said...

You are so cute!! And you're SUCH a trooper for sticking that one out! Dave and I could NOT believe how crazy that weather was...and that the game was actually played!

Neely said...

Hey! Im your blog swap partner. I love love love your blog! Was trying to find your email but couldn't. Email me when you get a chance. -Neely

Katie said...

FIRST, your dress is just soooo adorable! I MUST have my mom make this soon! And that picture of Eric is so hilariously funny with the tent! I can't believe about the late kickoff....carazyness!

Ashley said...

I saw that the game was super delayed! I was really surprised that they actually had the game that late.

Love your Tulsa dress! So cute! The photo of Eric by the tents is pretty funny!

Lindsay said...

That's insane that the game started so late!! Kudos to you for actually staying for some of it... I would have long been in bed since I'm 95 years old haha.

I can't believe Eric's mom MADE that dress. It looks so cute on you!

It also makes me laugh (and feel old?) to think that the little kids in the theater watching the Lion King with you guys were probablyyyyy not alive when the movie came out the first time. Yikes!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

2 am halftime!? Wow! I would have left too. Are those the Tory Burch boots? I must get them!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I was waaay behind on reading, and just caught up. I love all these pictures - you guys always look like you have so much fun. What a crazy memory!

LOVE your vlog, it is so fun to hear you talk because all I ever get is just words on a computer. I think I may participate with you, I have always wanted to do one!!

I was so sad I wasn't here when I saw your SF pictures. I am literally where you were all the time and so bummed to have missed meeting you!!

I want all of those coats, the second white one is amazing, but I think I would probably spill all over it!! Hope you're having an amazing Sunday!!