Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekend Recap

Eric's in the living room watching Immortals at volume eight hundred fifteen or something ridiculous, so I'm in the bedroom blogging. I don't like gory movies, so at one point I was like "That slicing sound...was that someone's flesh?" He was like "Totally." I said "And you need to hear it that loud?" He responded again with "totally." Men are weird.

Anyhoo, the last time I blogged, it was to recap a weekend. Ugh. Sorry about my absence. I realize my not blogging doesn't exactly break anyone's day..haha.. but still.. I prefer to come say hello more regularly. I have lots to rant about- just ask my coworkers and friends. I just need to do more of it on here.

That said, I've got a very big project at work going on right now... It's one of the things I was charged with leading two years ago when I started...and it's finally coming to fruition. I rarely work weekends (a bonus to not practicing law anymore..haha) but I worked 5 hours today. Blerg. So, I guess I'm just saying sorry if I'm missing in action the next couple of weeks as my project launches. :)

And now...on to the recap!

On Friday afternoon, Neely arrived from Dallas! Like I said in my previous post, we were paired up for a swap last year and became fast friends. :) We'd emailed, texted, tweeted..but we hadn't met in person yet. Over email, we'd realized we had a ridiculous amount of things in common... right down to our college sororities! :) She landed some tickets to her favorite band-The Avett Brothers- playing in Tulsa, asked if I wanted to come with (to which I eagerly agreed. Duh). And with that, the weekend was planned!


We spent Friday afternoon drinking wine lunching and shopping around Utica Square. From there, we got ready for the concert and headed to dinner with some friends at Hey Mambo


I hadn't really listened to the Avett Brothers much before Neely introduced me to them, but what a great band! And what a fun concert at the historic and fabulous Brady Theater. :)

"Absolutely NO cameras." I think they just meant no cameras with flash. 


We headed home and fell asleep on the couches watching watched No Strings Attached. :) Neely had to head back to Dallas pretty early to celebrate Chad's (her boyf's) birthday with some friends, but we had a blast and I wish she could have stayed longer.

It's weird how you think it SHOULD feel awkward to meet a fellow blogger in person....but then it totally doesn't. It felt like we'd been friends for years, just picking up right where we left off over texts and e-mails. Already looking forward to a Dallas weekend sometime soon!

Saturday afternoon, headed to Edward Delks for a baby shower to celebrate Jillian and her new little guy, due early May.

Eric and I gorged ourselves on Mexican food Saturday night and today, I worked. Pretty good weekend, even with the working. :) I like that I feel somewhat ahead on a couple things to start the week...

Oh, I also got a spray tan today before going to the office. I did it once and came out. The owner looked at me and said "Hmm.. You dont look like you got any color. Wanna go again?" (They were having problems with the sprayer). Soooo I went again. Kinda nervous what I'm going to look like tomorrow...
Sexy, right?



7 comments:

Neely said...

So much fun! Seriously we need a date on the books for Dallas girls weekend! I have a post set for Tuesday that looks similar to this one!

Candace said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend -- minus the working. BUT, that also sounds like it is a good thing if it means you have a project in the works! i totally get the moive thing too -- exept i escape to our bedroom so that i don't have to hear another sporting event! ha! i've got to get my butt in gear and do a spray tan -- im always terrified that i'll be super orange. ha! have a great week :)

Carolyn said...

Looks like a great weekend! I want to meet a dang blogger! HAHAHAHAH

Now I have to know... what sorority were you two in?!?!?

Mateya said...

Guys are so weird. haha! At least you can retreat to your own little space :)

I think you have me to thank for pairing you with Neely in that swap haha! Just teasing, but seriously :) Glad you guys had fun! I need to meet a fellow blogger. Hm...someday.

Hope the spray tan turned out well.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay! Glad that you got to hang out with her. Meeting bloggers is always so much fun! That's my biggest fear about getting a spray tan.

Marian said...

Awww, yay for blogging friends!!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

YAy for blog friends! Ok no joke guess what Friends episode I am literally watching right now (I popped in a DVD) - the one where Ross goes spray tanning! haha! Love that episode! I'm sure your tan turned out great though, I had a mishap one time where I came out all splotchy (but got a free spray tan!) and a lot of scrubbing the next day made it look much better.