Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's OK Thursday!

Its Ok Thursdays
 
It's Thursday. Not Friday. WHY? WHY? WHY do shorter weeks seem LONGER? I think people try to cram 5 days of work into 4. I'm just saying. (I was off for Veteran's Day). And while I LOVE bank holidays, it also stinks that we only get Thanksgiving day off (not Friday) and Christmas Day off (not Christmas Eve). Blerg. First world problems. Anyway, moving on.. I'll take my holidays where I can get 'em.
 
It's OK that...
 
* While I miss my macbook (the new one arrived and we're in the process of formatting everything), I'm getting some outstanding sleep since I don't have my laptop to occupy my pre-bedtime hours. (Damn you, Pinterest!)
 
* Since I don't have my laptop and we don't have cable, I've been purchasing single eps of my favorite shows that I miss on our AppleTV so I can stay current (Revenge, Hart of Dixie, etc). Eric will be glad when I can watch Hulu for free again.
 
* Gracie dog was in some of our engagement photos! :)
 
* I'm already way too excited to stuff my face with turkey and all the goodies that come with Thanksgiving.
 
* I refuse to wear tights b/c they're just too complicated in the morning before work. Bare, pasty legs are where it's at, people.
 
* I've taken a bubble bath-complete with wine and a girly magazine- almost every other night for the past week. Baths in the winter are just perfect, I think.
 
* I'm really excited to decorate a Christmas tree with Eric for the first time this year! :)
 
* I'd be totally lost if I couldn't express myself in noises instead of words a lot of the time.
 
* I wear flats in to work (I park far-ish away) and change into heels when I get there. Those heels often stay under my desk all week because I'm too lazy to carry them home. Whatever.
 
* I think Christmas lights make everything feel a little more magical. I just love them. I always mentally cheer when I see a house with its lights still on in mid-January when everything else has gone dark and somewhat winter drab.

5 comments:

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I totally do the same thing with my work shoes! We have a locker room on our first floor so I just hop in there first thing in the morning, change into my work shoes and head upstairs! Can't wait to see the engagement pics!

Emily said...

Love the work shoes...I have a couple pairs of heels that I keep at the place where I clerk since I have to walk and park :) I also am with you on the no tights--I'm trying to do thigh highs (which I hate) but because my legs are not as toned or tan as they should be!!! Hope you're having a great week Jackie. oxo

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I totally agree about Christmas lights! Even the Queen of "Respect the Turkey" herself smiled a little when she saw some on the drive home this week.

Can't WAIT to see your engagement pics!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

I do the SAME THING with my heels at work! I, too, park far-ish away and heels do not lend themselves to busy crosswalks with lots of pot holes : )

I am so excited to see you and Eric's engagement photos!! I know they will be absolutely gorgeous!!

Noises are words in my opinion. Sigh on, friend!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I can't wait to see all of your engagement pictures! I went out of town for Thanksgiving and I'm catching up but I loved the one you posted on instagram!