Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

OMG. I cannot believe 2009 is upon us.. CANNOT. That means it's officially 10 years since I graduated high school-WHAT?! The emails starting to ask for contact info, pictures, etc for the reunion really just kinda make me feel a sense of excitement mixed with dread.. haha....

So, I guess I should post some resolutions, huh? Well, I havent really dedicated a lot of time to crafting really genius ones....but let's see what I've got...

Let's start with what I've learned in 2008... some stuff I already knew, but just learned in a different angle so to speak this year..haha.. I've learned that I need to be selfish sometimes. I've learned that have some seriously devoted friends (again with the broken back) I never knew cared so much. I've learned you cant plan everything and it's possible to practically kill oneself trying. I've learned to dig deep within myself to figure out what makes me happy...and more than that...what I need in order to be happy. I've learned getting away for a vacation brings sanity to my entire year. I've learned to let someone know when I'm upset...even if I think I'll hate their reaction. I've learned to stop talking sometimes. I've learned that letting someone know you care and seeing what they do with it...is much more telling than anything. I've learned to hold the handrails when I walk down stairs. Most of all, I've learned how happy you can be when you really do work on staying true to yourself... (last years resolution) :)

Okay...sooo...

1. Development. I'm happy in my job and have some time under my belt now. I dont need to PLAN everything, but I want to take steps toward where I may be going... investigate other positions within my company, talk to mgmnt, figure out what I need to do in order to get there if I want. I want explore other opportunities to grow professionally.. Yes, this is vague and I dont really mean it to be...sorry!

2. Get fit. I was SO good at this last year. And with a trip to Vegas and high school reunion approaching, there's no time like the present to get back in it. I've been checking out a new gym b/c they have better trainers and a pool. I think a pool would be good for my back...and I used to swim...so why not, right?! We'll see...

3. Volunteer. This was one of my "mini" goals for last year...but this year, I want to up it. There's some part of my life that just doesnt feel as fulfilled...and it's this part. You're never too busy to give back, so I will find the right philanthropy and will help out! And you can come too!!

4. I plan to continue with the financially responsible thing and build from it... I have plans...but I dont feel like writing about all that on here. :)

5. GET.A.NEW.CAR. Sheez!

6. Continue to travel, etc, when I have the chance. Life is about planning, saving, etc...but if there's one thing I learned while I was working every break, every summer, every Friday afternoon at the firm...Life's about memories and family and friends and experiences more than its about billing hours, saving a few hundred extra dollars, etc... You wont always have the chance to take "that weekend trip" etc...

So, there's some off the top of my head...and now my happy new year self is headed home to get ready for some celebrations!!!! Happy 2009!!!!!!!

1 comment:

melissa said...

happy new year, lady. your resolutions are great. : ) xo