The weekend was prolly ranked around...oh...whatever number would be awesomsauce. :)
Friday, sushi with friends. Someone was in town (friend of friend named Jenny.. You dont know her, so I'll move along quickly..haha) so we celebrated! Good times! :) Low key. Ended up at White Owl..which I dont think I'm a big fan of. It's so crowded. *sigh* Anyway...
Saturday, hung with G money, and Eric and I celebrated Valentines Day. :) Overall, a really great day! (And Eric and I won at spades...as in the first time I ever played.*insert victory thrust into the air*). Sunday, we headed to Ikea...yes...as in 4 hours away! Eric needed to get stuff for his house...and I well..I didnt really need anything except a road trip...haha...
So, we took a suburban and headed down there early Sunday to collect the goods... This is how it went down...
We had a spacious cargo area...that fit me....prolly stacked twice vertically on top of each other...See Jax demonstrating large cargo area in front of Ikea store.
We did the Ikea thing, found what he needed really fast... then proceeded to lo
ok at fabric, rugs, lights, shelves, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc (note the many etcs)... until we got to the warehouse around closing time (yeah, it took that long) still needing to get stuff off shelves. Please see the enthusiasm (and the large boxes we ..er...uh..Eric... was moving)
Buuuut, we...er uh.. Eric...got it all in the suburban somehow after three carts, mild frustration, out of stock items (that sold out while we were shopping) and tipping an Ikea worker to help (my broken back wasn't super functional) :)
(Please note the larger, long boxes were 160lbs each...yeah... we didnt factor all that in..haha...)
Anyway, it was actually really fun to get out of town, shop, hang, etc. Weekend=success. Just sayin. :) Oh, and I got a super cute (and CHEAP) area rug! I'll take a photo when I bring it upstairs (it miiiiight still be in the car... might).
I'll try to blog more from my hotel in the rock....yeah.. that's right.. LITTLE ROCK! I'll be there tomorrow...one day only (well, 2 days, one night). This week starts four weeks of traveling for me... But, this trip isnt so bad b/c I likely get to see friends. And the last trip is to Vegas for a conference.. so that'll be cool. But, gah..they're not LONG trips (not the whole week or anything), but still...4 weeks of off and on travels...*cringe* Look for pictures! Maybe I'll take funny ones from my 4 week tour. XOXO! Jax...coming to a town near you....Goodnight.
2 comments:
lover are you doing the "kite" pose in the back of the car? alove
haha! I think I do it subconsiously...just missing my other half of the pose! :)
Post a Comment