Okay, I promise I'll get back to vacation posting (I realize I care more than you do about this.. haha), but wanted to also mention something I LURVED on my trip! And I guess this can count for What I'm Loving Wednesday, too! Woohoo! :)
So, remember when I got Sephora's 500 point perk a bit ago? Right. Well, I'd been REALLY looking forward to trying the Benefit That Gal Brightening Face Primer Primer. I put it on and.... well... I didn't notice a lot. I read reviews on Sephora and it seems like it really just varies with your skin tone..makes sense. I mean, no product has the same result for everyone. Some people raved about how they didn't even need to wear makeup b/c they looked so fresh. I didn't feel that way. BUT, I do like it. It doesn't seem like much when you put it on, but I have to admit that my makeup looked fresher and lasted a bit longer than usual. And it smells darn good. Would I buy it? If I had a gift card, probably. If I'd had a bad day? Likely. (I buy panties or beauty products when I've had craptacular days. It is what it is). But make a special trip to Sephora for it? Nah, prolly not.
BUT, also in my 500 point perk was also the Benefit Dandelion highlighting powder and I.LOVE.IT. Again (and consider this your warning)... I'm sure it has different effects on different skin tones, but it really works for mine! I've tried highlighting powders before and they tend to make me look like I'd dunked my face in shimmery stuff and shook it back and forth furiously. This stuff is GREAT and not like that at all! I haphazardly brushed it on before we left for one of the wedding festivities and definietly noticed a difference. I mean, it wasn't night and day (b/c then I'd be glittery), but it was definitely more "dewy" looking and it kinda lifted my whole face! I looked like I'd slept for 12 hours! ha! :) After that, I kept it in my bag the whole trip for an easy way to brush on that fresh-faced-glow throughout the day without being shimmery. :) It's subtle, but I like that. So, don't take my word for it, but try it out if you're looking for something similar!
![]() |
| via pinterest |
![]() |
| via pinterest |




9 comments:
I used my dandelion from the 500 point perk this morning!!! And I love it too--it's much softer than the benefit coralista, which I use during the summer!!! Also lurrrrve the pictures of the vanity tables. I have a beautiful antique one from my grandparents in my room...but I never use it because I always get ready at the gym; and am a greaseball (kinda) on the weekends!!!
I use the Benefit Dandelion highlighting powder too and LOVE it!! One of my favorite products :)
I want that last vanity too!!! I think a stay-at-home-dog mom would look fab with it;)
I will definitely have to try that highlighting powder! It sounds really great! I love love love vanity tables. When I move I'm going to buy one.
Oooo, I will have to try that powder! I'm always looking for something that gives me that young, fresh faced, red carpet look without leaving me a hot glittery mess!
As for wear I get ready? Usually whichever bathroom my husbands NOT in! LOL Two bathrooms and we still fight over the same damn one!
Love the picture of the last vanity! I wish I had one but sadly I do not. :
Thanks for the review! Will definitely have to put this on my "must-try" list! And I do LONG for a vanity. Unfortunately, our new house does not have one....(
*sigh*) maybe one day!
I just started using the new dashboard, too! It's different, but I'm getting used to it now... I love your pins today! I'm a big fan of the second vanity- so vintage and adorable! Happy Wednesday, girl! :)
Ok I have been wanting to try that powder and you have convinced me! I've liked all their other products I used. Gotta love Sephora!
Post a Comment